A product can only have one income account. You can group products by the class field and income account, based off the product’s sale location. In this example, we will group orders from our online store into web orders.
To see the demo full screen, click here. Here is a demo of class and location grouping:
To create the customized profit and loss report, click reports > profit and loss > customize. Scroll down and change the class drop down.
You must have QuickBooks Online Plus.
- In QuickBooks, go to the gear box.
- Under the company tab, go to categories and enable class tracking.
- Go to the gear box > all list > classes
- Add a class called web orders
Here are the instructions:
Cloud Cart Connector
Tell Cloud Cart Connector to add a default class called web orders to all orders:
- At the configure page of our software, click the field mapping tab.
- Change the class field to web orders.
- Click save and sync.
All orders from Cloud Cart Connector will have web orders applied:
Here are the steps:
- On the left, click reports.
- On top, enter profit and loss by class
- Notice how orders are grouped by class and income account: